DataiForums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Liberalists

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Continue? y/n? Continue? y/n? Continue? y/n? Continue? y/n? Continue? y/n? Continue? y/n? Continue? y/n?
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone alive?
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 10:54 pm by Datai

» Pokemon starters: Hurt and Heal
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyThu Dec 15, 2022 5:42 am by GypsyGrifter

» Spamalamadingdong
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 pm by Batman

» Datai's Dark Souls Play-through- Burpin' Plinkin' Drinkin'
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 am by Batman

» Soooooooooooooooo
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 10:15 pm by Batman

» He's alive
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:50 pm by primeAlternative

» Datai's Heart Gold vs Crystal Playthrough
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:59 pm by Irawesome

» Behold My Awesomeness
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:58 pm by Irawesome

» Favorite Manga
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:10 pm by Irawesome

Top posters
Burntnorris (398)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review I_vote_lcapCastlevania: Symphony of the Night Review I_voting_barCastlevania: Symphony of the Night Review I_vote_rcap 
Hekeshi (387)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review I_vote_lcapCastlevania: Symphony of the Night Review I_voting_barCastlevania: Symphony of the Night Review I_vote_rcap 
primeAlternative (333)
StephenColbert (274)
TheCelticKing (228)
Batman (194)
GypsyGrifter (157)
Elementro (68)
Irawesome (54)
Aaron Slime (49)
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCelticKing
you deserve a trophy

Street Rep : 0

Character
HP:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review Left_bar_bleue69/69Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
HP:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review Left_bar_bleue69/69Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review Empty
PostSubject: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review   Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was/is an incredibly popular installment in the ultra-successful Castlevania series. It was released on the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, and the PSP/PS3. (Downloadable from the PSN store or through an unlockable in The Dracula X Chronicles) You play as Alucard, the son of Dracula. You awake from your eternal slumber to vanquish Dracula...Again...
Since you are not a Belmont, you are not confined to just a whip and a secondary weapon. In SotN, you have a large variety of weapons to choose from, from the fast Basiliard to the Gladiator sword and even the Cursed Dark Sword.

The secondary weapons are also in no shortage. You have axes, throwing knives, bouncy lasers, a bible, and some 1-time only users, such as the Magic Missile. You can also have an offhand weapon, mostly used as a shield slot. You won't need the shield that much, as you'll be kicking too much butt to notice. Aside from weapons, the customization is wonderful. I don't mean you can choose his hair color or anything-but with the vast array of armors and weapons. If that isn't enough, you can wander around and find various perks, such as the double jump, or Faerie Scroll. If this wasn't enough, you have familiars-Things that will follow you around and assist you, like the Sword Familiar or the Fairy Familiar. Familiars are great, but you can also shapeshift-just as Dracula does. He can turn into a bat, a wolf, and even mist! He can also cast spells, but they require button combinations. There are so many different things to find in this game, you'll spend half your time looking for stuff.

As far as Gameplay goes, it doesn't get better than this. The 16-bit Vania is just astounding; It packs a huge punch, and won't disappoint. Alucard can move in every which way, as well as jump like a superhuman and take as much as he can deal. In pain. The bosses are pretty difficult; They might take a few tries, but shouldn't be of main concern. I got pretty careless and wound up dead some times, but I do that in a lot of games today. (I have a nasty haibit of not thinking things through and not really put much effort into what I'm doing, I don't know why, it frustrates me to no end) The enemies in the game are occasionally harder than the bosses, especially in hordes. There are also literally dozens upon dozens of secrets to be found, so you won't get bored. Trust me. You will also spend a whole lot of time wandering around, so don't think you can breeze through this game.

All in all, I give this game a 9. It gets pretty frustrating, and has resulted in me ragequitting a lot. Is this game worth the buy if you own a PS3, PSP, PS2, PS or Saturn? Definitely. I highly recommend this game. Other than difficulty traversing the castles, I don't have a whole lot of bad to say about this game.
It won't get boring, and will definitely result in another playthrough.
I hope you have taken my words into consideration, as this is a great game.
I also hope you buy this game, as it is definitely worth it.
Thank you for reading.

(tl;dr version: Good game, buy it)

(Yes, I actually wrote this)
Back to top Go down
StephenColbert
you deserve a trophy
StephenColbert

Character
HP:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review   Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:16 pm

It was a good game indeed, however I thought it was lame that I didn't die the first time around :/
Back to top Go down
TheCelticKing
you deserve a trophy

Character
HP:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review   Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Well I suck at videogames hard, so its no wonder.

I'm seriously bad at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review   Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DataiForums :: Video Games :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: